This is who we are
ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center (RGBS) is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is providing financial, controlling and IT services.
The future ROCKWOOL Group Tax department will consist of central resources at the Group’s headquarter in Denmark, a dedicated team of specialists at the Group’s shared service centre in Poznan and a number of colleagues located in ROCKWOOL companies across Europe. The ROCKWOOL Group is transforming its tax function from a decentrally managed function into a global department which eventually will be responsible for all global tax issues including compliance, documentation, audits and strategy.
As part of the transformation ROCKWOOL is now looking for the first colleagues to join the team in Poznan.
This is what we offer
While working at RGBS you will be offered comprehensive rewards and benefits like benefits package covered by Company (private medical care & MyBenefit), flexible work starting hours 7.00-9.00, after probationary period we offer unlimited time contracts, city center location in prestigious new office building - Maraton Business Center. Moreover the company is environmental and eco-friendly and has strong awareness of CSR matters.
The position is an excellent job opportunity for a professional interested in gaining tax experience in an international company and in being part of interesting projects conducted in close cooperation with both teams at the Group’s headquarter in Denmark as well as with local finance and VAT colleagues in different EMEA locations.
You will be part of an organization offering personal and professional development with a high degree of empowerment and good internal career options. Your colleagues are helpful, professional and experienced experts.
This is the role
As our new VAT compliance consultant you will be responsible for VAT and other indirect taxes related fillings and controlling in cooperation with local VAT controllers in different ROCKWOOL companies. Your main tasks will cover:
Extract reports, analyse the data and prepare VAT returns and statistical reporting in order to produce high-quality, accurate submissions by statutory deadlines;
- Review the data and perform standardized checks and ad-random checks to find potential issues;
- Perform reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for VAT;
- Sustain an excellent relationship with local finance, tax advisors and other relevant stakeholders to ensure an efficient and effective cooperation;
- Support VAT Controllers on ad-hoc projects if needed, trainings and internal advice to the business;
- Develop central archive of all VAT related compliance data;
- Prepare and maintain VAT compliance process documents/manuals;
- Support in taking actions to solve issues, improve, standardize and automate processes.
The position will report to Global Tax Director in Denmark and is the first position in a team that is expected to develop and expand over the next 1-3 years. Following this the position has extensive career opportunities as the department develops.
Besides VAT the tasks will also cover different reporting and controlling related to indirect taxes such as import duties, customs, excise duties etc.
This is what you offer
You bring a diploma or degree from an accredited educational institution in accounting or finance with approx. 2-5 years’ experience.
We expect that you have the following experiences and qualities:
- Tax awareness / tax knowledge depending on experience;
- Accounting, tax and/or VAT experience from working in a Shared Service Centre;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, pro-activeness, ability to introduce own ideas and process improvements;
- Flexible, service minded and goal oriented;
- Interest and experience in SAP as an ERP system;
- English at a professional working proficiency level;
- Second foreign European language will be an asset but not required;
- Readiness for occasional travels abroad.