This is who we are
ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center (RGBS) is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is providing financial, controlling and IT services. The center was established in Poznań in the second half of 2016. In 2017 we hired more than 100 employees to our key departments: accounting, controlling and IT. Our IT Department offers a lot of development opportunities in projects connected with different modules of SAP, mobile applications, MS Dynamics, Office 365 and other.
The Lead Engineer is the builder that bears overall responsibility for technical product delivery. The Lead Engineer works with the back- and front-end engineers, and works closely together with the Product Manager. The Lead Engineer facilitates the product development across the team, and manages the technical process gates and deadlines to ensure successful and hygienic delivery. The Lead Engineer is the driver of the development team through a lean, agile-based incubation and commercialization process – e.g., Build, Learn, Adapt.
This is what we offer
While working at RGBS you will be offered comprehensive rewards and benefits like benefits package covered by Company (private medical care & MyBenefit), flexible work starting hours 7.00-9.00, after probationary period we offer unlimited time contracts, city center location in the new office building - Maraton Business Center. Moreover the company is environmental and eco-friendly and has strong awareness of CSR matters.
Grodan is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is a global leader in the supply of innovative stone wool substrate solutions for the professional horticultural based on Precision Growing principles.
We encourage you to join our team!
This is the role
- On time delivery to the agreed specs of the product
- NPS score for the software solution
- Build a responsive and beautiful OpenGro applications
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Develop high quality, scalable and maintainable systems using service oriented architecture and micro-services
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers
- Pro-actively recommend new solutions or technologies to improve digital platform quality and performance
- Foster innovation through research and conducts studies of alternatives, analyzes and recommends changes in project developmental policies, procedures, standards, and development strategies
- Updates professional knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products, participating in educational/ training opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks
- Manage development of staff, as applicable
This is what you offer
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience (e.g.: Arduino)
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience
- UX / UI design Experience
- Good command of the English language, both orally and in writing
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g.: JQuery, AngularJS, ReactJS, Express, Swagger, SailJS, etc…)
- Experience with the full web stack performance optimization techniques including the front end application, networking stack and web server components
- Experience with object oriented design and building of backend applications and REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Experience designing and developing a service-based architecture and/or micro services
- Experience in designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Initiative taking and continually seek ways to improve
- Willing to travel - travel content ca. 10%
- 8+ years software development experience including 3+ years developing web applications