Senior BI HANA Developer
This is who we are
ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center (RGBS) is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is providing financial, controlling and IT services. The center was established in Poznań in the second half of 2016. In 2017 we hired more than 100 employees to our key departments: accounting, controlling and IT. Our IT Department offers a lot of development opportunities in projects connected with different modules of SAP, mobile applications, MS Dynamics, Office 365 and other.
This is what we offer
While working at RGBS you will be offered comprehensive rewards and benefits like benefits package covered by Company (private medical care & MyBenefit), flexible work starting hours 7.00-9.00, after probationary period we offer unlimited time contracts, city center location in the new office building - Maraton Business Center. Moreover the company is environmental and eco-friendly and has strong awareness of CSR matters.
At the ROCKWOOL Group, we are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise is perfectly suited to tackle many of today’s biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world’s needs, supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint along the way.
We encourage you to join our team!
This is the role
The Senior BI HANA Developer design and develop technical BI solutions that fulfil specific business objectives and service level agreements, while balancing important concerns such as adherence to established practices and application landscape and alignment with target BI architecture and general enterprise IT strategy. The Senior BI HANA Developer is responsible for technical BI solution design and development of code that:
- Meets defined business requirements
- Comply with corporate BI architecture standards, design standards, security standards etc
- Are scalable and flexible to meet changing business needs
- Are high performing and provide fast response time for end users
- Are easily maintainable (minimize maintenance costs)
- Deliver stable operation with high availability
The Senior BI HANA Developer is furthermore expected to participate together with the BI architect in the standardisation of development processes and methodologies in BI projects – and for establishing standard templates supporting the processes and methodologies (i.e. solution description template, technical design template, naming standards etc.).
Technical design of specific BI solutions include basic solution architecture and design of information model, entity mapping, data mapping and efficient ETL-processes that ensures stable and effective processes for data transformation, data cleansing, data validation and general preparation of data for BI use.
The Senior BI HANA Developer is together with the Solution Architect and the Business Analyst active in the early phases of projects producing solution options and designs and approach documents that clarify the problem space. The Senior BI HANA Developer proposes a recommended solution, explains the rationale, enumerates significant components (people, competences, process and technology) and addresses relevant constraints, risks, competing concerns, alternatives and the consequences of proposed choices.
The Senior BI HANA Developer responsibility includes ongoing project involvement, technical advisory for BI developers as well as code/solution review for code produced by other developers and external consultants.
Technical Project Management includes advisory and assistance to other BI team members as well as monitoring, reviewing and testing code developed by other team members if requested or needed. Depending on size of these projects the role can include development as well.
To the extent possible the Senior BI HANA Developer should prequalify local enhancements request and be first point of contact for 3rd level escalation of incidents.
BI HANA Developer
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders (business sponsors, IT leadership, subject matter experts, architects, project management, line management, etc.) in producing technical solutions and designs that meets enterprise requirements
- Involve in the creation of conceptual and logical specifications for all layers of a BI solution together with the BI Solution Architect and other BI Team members.
- Ensure consistent application of architectural standards and principals across all projects and among peers
- Perform technical project management, monitor development phases and conduct design/code reviews throughout the project life cycle to assure solution integrity
- Keep up to date with technology developments and use new opportunities to inspire the business to harvest the possible benefits of existing platform and new technologies
- Development of BI solutions
Technical Project Management
- Deliver high quality BI projects balancing business requirements, time and budget
- Ensure compliance with BI methodology and standards
- Document and feedback improvements identified during project executing
- Provide advisory and assistance to other BI developers
- Monitor and review solution components developed by other BI developers if requested or needed
3rd level support
- 3rd level support cases within area of expertise and to some extend 2nd level support as well
- Analyse issues, recommend and/or implement code changes/ bug fixes
- Pre-test, educate 1st level support to secure proper SU test and sign-off before requesting release of delivered enhancement to production
- Actively seek on the job training and learning opportunities
- Actively perform self-management to stay on top of own priorities and work
- Actively participate, contribute and prepare for meetings and bilats
- Timely reporting of expenses
- Timely reporting of absence
- Timely reporting of time sheets
This is what you offer
- At least 5 years of experience from a similar role
- Experience in the area of BI, Data Warehousing and Data Integration (ETL)
- At least 5 years’ experience with Data Modelling and SAP ETL tools
- At least 3 years of experience with SAP BW BEx Query Design and Development
- At least 2 years ABAP development Experience
- Experience with a BW 7.x environment
- Experience with SAP BW on HANA/BW4HANA
- Deep knowledge of BI solution design and platforms used by the BI Business Unit and related Business Units.
- Strong in internal processes and standards
- Long term focus regarding development of the BI application portfolio within defined responsibility
- Service minded and strong business insight and process understanding
- Strong analytical skills, ability of abstract thinking and understanding of complex problems/challenges
- Ability to see through large amounts of information, extract what is relevant and keep the focus on a conceptual level (rather than details)
- Strong desire for creating success for business and business users, professional conduct and continuous improvement.
- Strong drive for performance, self-motivated, self-starter, driven and enthusiastic with a genuine professional passion
- Team player and able to coordinate with other team members in completing assigned tasks
- Highly adaptable, strong prioritization and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive and entrepreneurial in their approach
- Able to cooperate with people at all levels and across countries and cultures
- Possess excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, as well as good presentation and documentation skills